The North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge is now recruiting for the 2019-2020 Dairy Challenge Social Media Corps. The opportunity allows students to gain real-world experience in developing social-media and communications skills.
Team members will be mentored by communications professionals. They will develop a content plan, capture photos and create social-media posts. They also will help manage online conversations during 2019-2020 Dairy Challenge events.
- The Northeast Regional Dairy Challenge will be held Oct. 17-19 in Rochester, New York. The deadline was Sept. 25.
- The Southern Regional Dairy Challenge will be held Nov. 21-23 in Campbellsville, Kentucky. The deadline was Sept. 25.
- The Midwest Regional Dairy Challenge will be held Feb. 12-14, 2020 in River Falls, Wisconsin. The deadline is Jan. 9.
- The Western Regional Dairy Challenge will be held Feb. 20-22, 2020 in Modesto, California. The deadline is Jan. 9.
- The National Dairy Challenge will be held March 26-28, 2020, in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The deadline is Feb. 13.
To be eligible for the team students must meet several requirements.
- be available to attend and participate in one of the Dairy Challenge events
- be passionate about social media and digital storytelling
- a desire to learn more about managing a strategic social-media program
- be knowledgeable about the dairy industry. While not required, such knowledge is a plus
The North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge will pay hotel and meal costs for participating team members. Social Media Corps students are responsible for coordinating their own travel to the event.
Candidates are encouraged to demonstrate to judges their social-media skills. They may use the Dairy Challenge hashtag #DairyChallenge. Visit www.dairychallenge.org for more information.