As featured on
The Ag Economy Barometer increased in March to 177, the best reading for the barometer since the record reading of 184 in October. This month’s 12-point increase in the barometer was attributable almost entirely to agricultural producers’ more-optimistic view of the future; the Index of Future Expectations climbed to 164 – 16 points more than February’s index. Although the Index of Current Conditions, at 202, changed little from a month earlier when it stood at 200, it did mark a return to the index’s record number first reached in December. Strong ag-commodity prices and improved farm financial conditions continue to support the Ag Economy Barometer readings as we head into spring.
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Page County motorcycle chase ends in arrest
- Montgomery County head-on wreck injures 2
- Red Oak FFA finances under investigation
- Essex man arrested for 2nd OWI
- Shenandoah Police arrest man for driving while barred
- Page County man arrested for failure to appear
- Brantner joins Shenandoah mayor's race
- USDA increases emergency SNAP benefits
- Clarinda Council approves downtown square concert
- McQueen announces Shen mayoral candidacy