YOU ARE INVITED
You are invited to enjoy lunch, see a kitchen reveal and meet interesting people on Sunday, September 19. An open house will be held at American Legion Memorial Building, 201 Poplar Street in Atlantic.
Here is the schedule for the day:
11:30 to 1:30 - Free will lunch
11:30 to 1:45 - All rooms open to tour
2 pm - Presentation by Cactus Jack
Lunch includes Mark Clark’s smoked pulled pork sandwiches. You can also take a look at the newly renovated kitchen. It is very large and can be rented for use by individuals and groups.
Updated displays will be in the Military Museum, Military Library and Atlantic History Center. The drill floor will be open.
Cactus Jack Barringer was born and raised in Atlantic. He became internationally known for the Monster Arm Wrestling machine he invented. He has sold his products on QVC, Shark Tank and around the world. He continues to invent products and helps others. He is an entrepreneur/inventor/marketer.
The event is sponsored by ARISE, Atlantic Rock Island Society Enterprise. The non-profit organization owns the American Legion Memorial Building and the Depot.
There is no fee for the program. The building is handicapped accessible.
- Occurred Sunday, September 19th, 2021 @ 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Page county suspect booked on warrant
- Essex man booked on several charges
- More info released on Braddyville burglary arrests
- Three Mills County suspects booked on drug charges
- Kristine "Kristy" N. (Wright) Stanley, 49, of Shenandoah, Iowa
- Red Oak man faces charges following early morning arrest
- Charges pending following hit-and-run accident
- Hawley Schaaf, 87 of Sidney, IA
- Creston man booked on multiple charges
- Tom Miller, 68, of Clarinda, Iowa